April 17, 2009

A Spiritual Person

What's makes a person spiritual? Is there something one does to be spiritual? Must I pray so much each day, or meditate on some great truth until I get a revelation? I've been thinking about this, and it's struck me how grace-less I think God is.

What motivates spirituality? What is the power behind the effort in prayer, meditation, and seeking God? When it is time to go into the inner room, the closet, what message is igniting the soul to go in? It may be one or a combination of thoughts like these:

a. "Go in, because you should."
b. "Go in, because you need it."
c. "Go in, or else."

Is one of these motivations, two, or all of them right? Behind which thought is the inner room of spirituality? Or, are they all legitimate reasons and powers to set our devotional lives in motion?

What's your response?

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment