August 31, 2006

Greg and Libby

Mr. and Mrs. B (the names I have for my mother and father-in-law) are with us this week in Louisville. They arrived Sunday after a big get-together in Bowling Green last weekend. We are having a great time with them. I hope someday we might have the privelege of taking care of are elderly family members. Now, you might think I'm wishing a curse on myself, but in truth, there is treasure and great gain to be had from the aged. Like iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. If life experience is the great sharpening stone of character, then the sword of the aged is much sharper than that of the young, and what a help it is to be sharpened by a sword older than you. Of course, there may be sparks, but what is a little friction when the result is smoother and finer edges with less rust and dross? Yes, I'm enjoying these days with Greg and Libby--two of the sharpest swords I've met in my journey--and I hope there are more to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment